Do It Yourself Floor Insulation
Our DIY floor insulation tips
- Remember there is a real risk of electrocution working under a floor.
- Wear heavy rubber gloves, overalls and proper footwear for this reason.
- A good quality light, staple gun and a pair of knee pads make the job a lot easier.
- Measure joists and cut insulation 2 joist widths larger than the gap.
- It is much easier to cut insulation rolls while they are still wrapped up.
- Always wear protective goggles and a respirator mask to protect against harmful dust particles.
- Ensure you take regular breaks and try not to work alone.